CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO!
At Home Cold Brew
Luxury doesn’t always mean fancy. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that produce the best results.
This blog will show you how to make an out-of-this-world cold brew coffee at home using everyday kitchen items and a bag of our 3 Arrows Fresh Roast Premium Coffee Beans. The process is a simplified variation of the same process we use at our coffee shop, so you know it’s tried and true for bonafide coffee lovers!
Get ready for everyday indulgence, at home.
What you’ll need:
Mason Jar (Quart)
Water: 4 Cups Cold
Your favorite whole bean 3 Arrows Coffee: 1 Cup
Bowl or Pitcher
Coffee Filter or Cheesecloth
STEP BY STEP Directions:
- As with any coffee, the beans make or break the brew. Coarsely grind about a cup of your favorite variety – we recommend our espresso blend. Be careful not to grind them too finely, or you’ll end up with cloudy coffee.
- Pour the grounds into the mason jar.
- Add enough water to fill the jar about halfway. Filtered water is usually best.
- Stir to make sure all the grounds are moistened.
- Add more water to fill the jar.
- Stir again, gently, to avoid splashing.
- Put the lid on the jar and leave it to sit on the counter.
- Wait 12-24 hours. The longer it steeps, the stronger the coffee.
- Line the strainer with the coffee filter or cheesecloth, and set it over the bowl. Slowly pour the brew into the strainer to remove the grounds.
- Rinse the jar well and pour the coffee back into it. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
No mason jar? No problem! Any glass container will do.
This process makes a strong concentrate, so feel free to experiment with the coffee-to-water ratio next time. Add sweeteners and flavors to create creative cold brew coffee recipes!
Things to know about Cold Brew
Spoiler alert – the flavor is amazing.
Cold brewing allows the flavor of your beans to emerge without the bitterness and acidity that can often be found in a hot brew. Your favorite blend may taste smoother and sweeter, with the underlying tones more pronounced.
One taste and you’ll see: this cold brew coffee is an everyday indulgence that is easy and affordable.
Shop the 3 Arrows selection of premium fresh roasted coffee and become your own barista today!